CHEF RENEE KELLY is a small-town girl that loves all things authentic. She believes that life is best lived in full truth and has every intention of doing so. She believes that life is best lived authentically and has every intention of doing so. Her passion lies in creating genuine connections with everything she touches, and she wants to share it throughout the world like wildfire. With her unrelenting pursuit of joy and her fun-focused attitude, Renee hopes to convey her passion for the world of culinary arts, food cultured, and women’s empowerment.
Renee embraces the beauty of being a woman, with both strength and femininity, and leans into this courage to spread the message of empowerment to women from all walks of life.
Kansas City’s uber-local chef of Harvest, creating a living breathing fabric of sustainability through her knowledge and playful nature.
“When the concept of a meal comes from a true heart, has pride, passion and love, beginning from the seed and soil, it just tastes better. The earth provides us with anything we need at any given point in time for optimum health, nutrition and flavor.”
For Chef Renée, cooking is sensory. Most menu creations start in the garden.“Seeing the colors and breathing in the aromas of fresh ingredients are all the inspiration I need,” she says.“From there, the flavors come together.”
Television host ofThe Harvest with Renee Kelly on the KCWE James Beard Taste America Emcee November 2017
TheToday Show Guest September 2017 – Sassy Short Ribs Emcee The “I am Here” awards for Kc Healthy Kids March 2, 2017 Guest Speaker for “The Moth” 2016
Top Chef Season 13 Alumni
- Grand Marshall of the Shawnee “St. Patrick’s Day Parade” 2016
- Open Table “Diners Choice Winner” 2017, 2016
- 435 Magazine “Best of Kansas City” 2015
- Invited and participated at the Los Angeles Food and Wine Festival in 2011
- Invited and participated at the Pebble Beach Food and Wine Festival 2008 and 2009
- Invited and participated at the Houston, TX Wine & Food Festival at the Woodlands 2009
- Stage with “superstar” chefs Ming Tsi, Jean Joho, Michel Richard, Cat Cora, Rick Tramonto, Michael Simon Voted top 20 in their 20’s entrepreneurship program Ingram’s Magazine
- Chef for jazz musicians, political leaders and top executives at Bayer, Sprint, Cerner and Sporting KC
Author and Content Creator
Appears on local television stations monthly with original recipes.
Appears as a guest author for KC Chowtown, and the food section for the Kansas City Star.
- Culinary arts degree with honors, Art Institute of Houston, Texas, 2002
- Internship at the prestigious River Oaks Country Club, Houston, Texas
- Certified sous-chef, American Culinary Federation, 2007
- International Guest Chef at Quinto of Vedanta in Puerto Vallarta February
- 2018 Guest Chef at Lake Austin Spa, March 2017
- Guest Speaker at Clark Middle School, March 2017
- Central Exchange “Entrepreneur” Guest Speaker 2016
- Season 13 Top Chef Contestant 2015
- Frequently appears on local television stations providing content centered around local seasonal food with a playful approach.
- Consultant for American Food and vending “Healthy Grab and Go” 2015 – 2016
- Food Blog for KC Star “Chow Town” 2014 – 2016
- Monterey Bay “Cooking Solutions” assistant to Alton Brown, Richard Blaise and Nathan Lyon 2014
- Entrepreneur, Owner and Executive Chef of Renée Kelly’s established in 2004
- Opened Renee Kelly’s “Harvest” 7/25/12 a Farm to Table Restaurant
- Chef at the LA Food and Wine Festival 2011
- Chef Consultant, Saratoga Resort and Spa, Saratoga, WY